GDPR Compliance - EU Cookies Law Banner
“GDPR – PrestaShop EU Cookie Law” is a Prestashop GDPR compliance module. It empowers customers with data management rights, including data access, breach notifications, modification alerts, and data deletion.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) aims to protect the personal data of European Union (EU) citizens and applies to any organization doing business with EU data subjects. Simply put, if you do business in the EU, then the GDPR will apply. It establishes strict breach disclosure requirements, and when enforcement begins on May 25th, 2018, will impose stiff fines for refused organizations.
Is GDPR compliance in PrestaShop necessary? Yes, of course! Non-compliance can result in formidable consequences, with fines of up to €20 million or four percent of annual revenue – whichever is greater. How prepared is your store for GDPR? Take our PrestaShop GDPR module today to expand your business to EU market. According to GDPR law, your customers will have these main following rights:
- The right to access their personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to obtain modification and/or erasure of their personal data
- The right to give and withdraw their consent
Our PrestaShop GDPR compliance module allows you to provide these privileges to your customers, add detailed descriptions about what personal data is needed and for what purposes it is used, ensuring that customers can make an informed decision when browsing your site.
What does our PrestaShop GDPR module have?
- Easy to customize the popup content, color (button color, text color, popup background color, and opacity), 4 pre-defined popup positions (top, button, left, and right), sorting popup content order.
2. Customer privileges
With this GDPR Compliance module for PrestaShop, you can choose to give customers the necessary rights to their personal data according to your preference and GDPR compliance requirements. Customer privileges:
- Customers will be informed when their data has been modified by the administration or other customers.
- Customers can view and download their own personal data.
- Customers may change their subscription status.
- “Right to be forgotten” – your customers can send deletion requests or directly erase their personal data. In addition, they can also withdraw their requests.
3. Data modification and access logs
Customer is notified via email when their personal data is modified (with details of the modifications) or their account is logged in (with IP, location, browser name, etc.) by someone. They can also review the data modification and account accesses from their account control area. This helps customers protect their data and know if their personal data is illegally adjusted or accessed. You can also keep track of all the modifications and account accesses from the module’s back office.
4. Rights for customers to erase their data
This is one of the most important terms in GDPR. PrestaShop GDPR Compliance module perfectly makes your website fit this requirement of GDPR. With this GDPR Compliance module for PrestaShop, you can allow your customers to completely delete their data stored on your website or only specific kinds of data (such as general account information, addresses, ordering information, contact messages, subscription statuses, data modification logs, and account access logs).ư
You can decide to allow customers to delete their data whenever they want or require them to submit a data deletion request, after that you can review and decide to approve or decline that deletion request.
- Display each GDPR notice to specified customer groups in sortable order.
- Adjust the popup background color, popup background opacity, text color, and button color in back office.
- Change the GDPR notice message position.
2. Customer rights with their personal data
- Customers can view or download (PDF format) their personal data stored on your website.
- Customers are notified via email when their personal data is changed and can view details of the change from the data modification log.
- Customers are notified via email when someone logs into their account and can view login history (with IP, location, and web browser type).
- Customers can submit a request to erase their data (or just erase their data in 1 click if you allow).
- Admin can specify kinds of information that customers can view, download, or delete; enable/disable data modification and log in log.
3. Data deletion
As a website admin, you can enable/disable the data deletion feature that allows customers to delete their data. Customer can delete their data in 1 click or is required to submit a data deletion request to delete their data.
You will be notified via email when a customer asks to delete his or her data. You can easily manage the data deletion request via PrestaShop GDPR module back office with options to accept or decline a data deletion request, send emails to customers, view data before deletion, download data (PDF format), etc.
Step 1: Download and install PrestaHero Connect: https://prestahero.com/en/145-prestahero-connect.html
Step 2: Reload your back office, then navigate to "PrestaHero > PrestaHero modules" and click on "Connect to PrestaHero" to connect your website with PrestaHero securely with your PrestaHero credentials.
Step 3: Find the module you purchased (or free) modules and click "Install" or "Upgrade" to install the modules or upgrade your modules any time a new version is released.
- Premium download: besides installing the modules using PrestaHero Connect, you can open "My account > My downloads" page at PrestaHero and download your purchased modules.
- Free download: you can download the installation package directly on the module details page at PrestaHero.
- Module improvements
- Update compatibility with PrestaShop 8.1
- Module improvements
- Optimize module code
- Update compatibility with PrestaShop 8.0.0
- Compatible with the latest version of PrestaShop 18.104.22.168
- Compatible with the latest version of Prestashop
Product Reviews / Q&A
- Reviews (12)
- Questions & Answers (2)