The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) aims to protect the personal data of European Union (EU) citizens and applies to any organization doing business with EU data subjects. Simply put, if you do business in the EU, then the GDPR will apply. It establishes strict breach disclosure requirements, and when enforcement begins on May 25th, 2018, will impose stiff fines for refused organizations. Non-compliance can result in formidable consequences, with fines of up to €20 million or four percent of annual revenue – whichever is greater. How prepared is your store for GDPR? Take our Prestashop GDPR Compliance module today to expand your business to EU market. According to GDPR law, your customers will have these main following rights:
Our Prestashop GDPR module allows you to provide these privileges to your customers, add detailed description about what personal data is needed and for what purposes it is used, ensuring that customers can make an informed decision when browsing on your site.
You can choose to give customers the necessary rights with their personal data according to your preference and GDPR compliance requirements. Customer privileges:
Customer is notified via email when their personal data is modified (with details of the modifications) or their account is logged in (with IP, location, browser name, etc.) by someone. They can also review the data modification and account accesses from their account control area. This helps customers protect their data and know if their personal data is illegally adjusted or accessed. You can also keep track of all the modification and account accesses from the module’s back office.
This is one of the most important terms in GDPR. Prestashop GDPR Compliance module perfectly makes your website fit this requirement of GDPR. With GDPR Compliance module, you can allow your customers to completely delete their data storing on your website or only specific kinds of the data (such as general account information, addresses, ordering information, contact messages, subscription statuses, data modification logs and account access logs). You can decide to allow customers to delete their data whenever they want or require them to submit a data deletion request, after that you can review and decide to approve or decline that deletion request.
• Display each GDPR notices to specified customer groups in sortable order.
• Adjust popup background color, popup background opacity, text color and button color in back office.
• Change GDPR notice message position.
2. Customer rights with their personal data
• Customers can view or download (PDF format) their personal data storing on your website.
• Customers are notified via email when their personal data is changed and can view details of the change from data modification log.
• Customers are notified via email when someone log into their account and can view login history (with IP, location and web browser type).
• Customers can submit a request to erase their data (or just erase their data in 1 click if you allowed).
• Admin can specify kinds of information that customers can view, download or delete, enable/disable data modification and log in log.
3. Data deletion
As a website admin, you can enable/disable data deletion feature that allows customers to delete their data. Customer can delete their data in 1 click or is required to submit a data deletion request to delete their data.
You will be notified via email when a customer asks to delete his or her data. You can easily manage the data deletion request via PrestaShop GDPR module back office with options to accept or decline a data deletion request, send email to customers, view data before deletion, download data (PDF format), etc.
Step 1: Download the installation file from https://prestahero.com
Step 2: From your website back office, navigate to “Modules / Modules & Services”, click on “Upload a module / Select file”
Step 3: Select the module installation file from your computer then click on “Open” to install
You’re all done, enjoy our great module!